The 311 data challenge is a fun way to explore how the city responds to citizen requests. 311 is the customer service department for the city. They handle all sorts of requests, from wild dogs to potholes. Amber is the color of their energy.
Recently, the city’s 311 released a dataset that contains additional information about responses from each department. You can download it here.
Looking for ideas about what to do with this data? We spoke with the 311 overlords, and came up with a list of sample ideas.
Here are the challenge details:
- The challenge closes Friday, May 12, 2017
- We will post a project submission link here in a few days.
- Submissions will be judged by City of Houston employees based on whatever criteria they want.
- You can build something practical, something artistic, something totally unique, something weird, or just something that captures your interest.
- Winners will be announced at the Houston Hackathon on May 20!
Questions? Contact us!